Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Cigarette Box Warning Labels!

I just L.O.V.E. watching the news and seeing some good news! I'm usually disappointed and saddened by stories of murder, kidnapping, rape, robbery, or protest, but today... Today! Today there was a really great story :)




Images like these displaying the personal, health, and family trauma caused by smoking will be 
on the top half of the front box cover and the entire back of the box: 



It's said this is the biggest move the Surgeon General has made against smoking in decades.  

How exciting is that?!?!?!

Of course I think smoking is disgusting, but if I were (in some alternate universe) a smoker, these horrific images would definitely get planted in my head (and gag reflex) until I stopped!

Way to go, Government.  Way. To. Go. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a really bold move. It will be interesting to watch the stats over the next few years and see what kind of difference it makes. Thanks for posting so that this not-so-informed citizen could be better informed!

    ReplyDelete